WE NEED TO RAISE $800,000 to develop and market the first consumer-driven, travel safety certification course. Please sponsor our lifesaving work. 16,000 preregistered users fund the need.
Why travel safety education is needed:
- 25.4 million US citizens go abroad every year, half travel alone. 2,000,000 of these travelers are vulnerable students.
- No tourism consumer safety reports exist to help you make an informed decision. There are no safety warnings before you purchase a trip or depart.
- Nine out ten US travelers do not get pre-trip vaccinations for their destinations.
- Seven out of ten US travelers do not buy travel medical/evacuation insurance. It can cost more than $50,000 to bring you home if you are hurt or seriously ill.
- Most US travelers do not know the emergency number in foreign countries or how to ask for help in the local language.
- Very few US travelers register their trips with the US Department of State to get alerts and support in case of a problem. They can’t help you if they don’t know where you are.
- Being in another country and alone, abused, hurt or sick without tools or resources can cost you more than money – it can cost you your life.
Help us protect the people you love with travel safety education and certification. Our model is built on more than ten years of survivor support and investigation. $50 can save one life.
This course will help you:
- Determine dangerous countries and areas within countries and whether the United States has active warnings to help you avoid high-risk areas and victimization.
- Understand pretravel country alerts and warnings and how to register before departure with the US Department of State so they can inform and help you if trouble occurs.
- Know the differences between trip and travel insurance and guide you towards the appropriate trip and travel insurance coverage based on country-specific alerts such as medical, natural disaster, civil unrest, evacuation, and more.
- Understand the importance of visiting a travel clinic for pre-trip vaccinations. Travel clinics rely on globally trusted resources like Travax for global health alerts.
- Translate critical health information into the local language, and provide advice for carrying prescriptions.
- Know the emergency numbers in the destination country, what resources are available and how to prepare emergency contacts to provide bedside assistance, if needed.
- Geo-map your destinations to locate US Embassies, fire, police, ambulance, housing, etc. and screen dangerous areas nearby.
- Report your experiences after your trip to create the first public, consumer-driven, critical incident report to forewarn and help others. Rate tourism and study abroad programs honestly, creating a seal of approval by consumers.
- Build your traveler-specific action plan to prepare you and your emergency contacts for worst case scenarios and safer experiences.
PLEASE PRE-REGISTER FOR THE DEPART SMART TRAVEL SAFETY COURSE TO HELP FUND OUR LIFESAVING WORK. You will be notified by email when the course is open.