It takes many hands,
to create a fun event.
Please give us your help.
On may 18th we are hosting a benefit to celebrate Depart Smart. As a volunteer, you could be doing a range of activities based on your availability and preferences! We need people to come on event day to help with guest registration/checkout, decorating the venue, unloading vehicles, setting up activity tables and silent auction, distributing information/supplies, assisting the auctioneer, and clean up.
Can’t make it to the event? No worries! You can work with a committee (for Mystery dining, Auction, Dessert Dash) to line up donations, call on potential donors, pick up donations or arrange for delivery.
We’ll work with you to find the perfect fit!
5-8 hours on event day setting up, running activities, tearing down, and cleaning up.
1-1.5 hour biweekly status meetings with team over phone or in person. Communicate with committee on the status of your work.
- Owns a smartphone and is willing to use it for the benefit.
- Excellent Telephone manner and people skills.
- Technology capable and comfortable.
- Has experience or is willing to learn Auctria, Eventbrite, etc.
- Outgoing, friendly, and proactive character.
- Comfortable volunteering within a group or by yourself.
- Able to use your own initiative but willing to ask for help when needed.
Benefits to Volunteer
- The opportunity to meet influential community members.
- Meet new friends and co-workers.
- Learn the ins-and-outs of event fundraising.
- Enjoy our volunteer “Thank You” party with the team.
- Develop new/existing skills and gain experience volunteering for a non-profit.
- Earn high praises and great recognition to use in your career advancement, all while helping Depart Smart make travel awesome in life-saving ways.
May 18th – Event Day. Training Earlier in the week.