Enjoy our dynamic team of enthusiastic volunteers and raise money and awareness to make travel awesome in life-saving ways!
You will be responsible for managing annual fundraising event and ensuring deadlines and budgets are tracked and adhered to. Direct coordination of activities to prepare for the day of the event in early summer 2018 in the Twin Cities. Must be available to set up and manage things at the event on the day of and the day before. Must be available to meet with site manager and event team.
- Recruit and manage staff responsible for event coordination activities.
- Coordinate details of events.
- Train staff on proper event procedures.
- Calculate budgets and adjust when necessary.
- Book venues and negotiate fees.
- Prepare invitations and send out at appropriate time.
- Drive attendance to the event.
- Promote the event using various media, including social media to spark attention.
- Analyze event performance and prepare metrics.
- Ensure staff is adequately prepared for event.
- Pay vendors for their participation in the event.
- Provide receipts.
- Ensure day of event goes smoothly.
- Set up booths, flowers, decorations and other event decor.
- Plan menus and order food.
- Give final approval for items such as music and menus.
- Provide regular updates to event planner and executive director
Lets have fun making a difference. eMail firstname.lastname@example.org to apply.