Give to the Max Day on November 17th is a day of gratitude, giving and igniting generosity.
From November 1-17 you can help Depart Smart earn matching funds with your generous donation during Minnesota’s Give to the Max campaign. Please GIVE and invite your friends to match your gift.
Depart Smart is the only nonprofit working to advance travel and tourism consumer safety in a $7 trillion industry. Most travelers do not depart smart. Are you ready to travel abroad? Test your skills:
- Read country-specific alerts and warnings from the foreign affairs office?
- Register overseas trips with the foreign affairs office?
- Know the emergency number of their destination and how to ask for help in the local language?
- Visit a travel clinic for pre-trip vaccinations weeks before departure?
- Have important medical information translated into the local language?
- Purchase travel evacuation insurance to get you home in the case of civil unrest, natural disaster, terrorism, illness or injury?
- Have emergency contacts with valid passports, power of attorney and funds to help?
- Map out the location with your housing, U.S. Embassy, hospital, and other important locations?
- Store your important documents so they can be retrieved if they are lost or stolen?
Our goal is $10,000 to fund an online travel safety certification course prototype so we can attract travel and tourism sponsors for our life-saving work. Your gift saves lives. Join us in making sure all travelers Depart Smart.