If your travel abroad goes wrong, will you know what to do?
Avoid risks and enjoy worry-free global adventures with a customized Travel Safety Plan. This online travel safety course is comprised of six 10-15 minute teaching modules, complete with mini-games, testimonials and an end-of-chapter assessment. As learners complete each chapter, they progressively compile a travel safety plan to guide them through the steps they should take for safer international travels. The six modules are:
- Geopolitical Context: Learn how to navigate State Department Consular Affairs and Overseas Security Advisory Council websites to identify country-specific warnings and alerts and ascertain their severity.
- Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP): Learn the value of STEP services and how to successfully register for STEP before each international trip.
- Health & Wellness: Discover resources at the Centers for Disease Control and World Health Organization to identify destination-specific health risks and preventive medicines to include in your plan, and vital personal medical information in mobile applications.
- Geography & Housing: Learn how to build a custom Google My Map of your destination(s), featuring area-specific risks and warnings. Locate nearby hospitals, fire and police departments, embassies, airports and evacuation services, and your housing and transportation resources.
- Travel Insurance: Learn the difference between trip and travel insurance, and how to determine the best insurance for your particular excursion.
- Security & Communications: Increase your financial security with helpful tips and prepare to use mobile technology to contact local and international agencies and emergency contacts.
World travel provides experiences and education no classroom can provide, but preparing wisely can be lifesaving. Make sure your trip abroad is one you’ll want to remember.