We rely on our amazing volunteers to help us achieve our lifesaving mission to help global travelers Depart Smart so they travel safer!
We are thankful for your willingness to help save lives. Our volunteers are truly HEROES to us!
This form has a list of volunteer roles we hope you will enjoy. Some roles are active now, while others involve helping on the day of our Gala. There will be food and refreshments provided for our volunteers at the Gala!
Gala Date: Thursday, May 17, 2018, 5:30-9:00 pm.
Location: Golden Valley Country Club, 7001 Golden Valley Rd, Golden Valley, MN 55427
Event Volunteer Positions:
Event Set Up Volunteer
You will arrive at noon on May 17th and help set up displays, tables, and carry boxes. You may work up a sweat in this role!
You will greet and register guests as they arrive and distribute nametags. At the end of the night, you will help guests check out and process their payments. This position will involve using technology such as computers and mobile phones and has a lot of fun guest interaction!
You will stand by one of six travel safety training kiosks and guide our guests through an online course module. You will also stamp their 'passport' when they are done. This position has a lot of fun guest interaction!
You will do a variety of things - we are looking for individuals who are willing to handle last-minute delegations by our event coordinators. This may include lifting and carrying boxes or running errands. You may work up a sweat in this role, and you may have some fun guest interaction!
Event Tear Down Volunteer
After the event is over at 9 pm, you will help tear down displays, tables, and carry boxes. You may work up a sweat in this role!
- Live Auction Volunteer - You will help spot bidders for the auctioneer or record accurate bids. This is fast-paced and high-stakes!
- Dessert Dash Volunteer - You will gather table bids and determine the order of winning tables.
- Mystery Dining Volunteer - You will walk around the event and sell balloons filled with random dining gift cards for guests to pop and win.
Volunteer teams are a vital part making sure our fundraising gala runs smoothly. Team volunteers will work closely with Depart Smart staff leading up to the event. If you can't volunteer during the event, teams are a great way to help out beforehand!
Silent Auction Team
The Silent Auction Team helps acquire silent auction items as well as organizes the auction at the event. The auction enables guests to support Depart Smart in a fun, engaging way. As a Silent Auction Team Member, your role will be to:
- Assist in acquiring 25 silent auction items by April 30.
- Conduct follow-up calls to businesses and solicit area businesses for auction items.
- Fill out donation forms for each item and submit to Team Leader.
- Pick-up auction items.
- Create eye-catching displays of auction items.
- Mingle around the auction and encourage people to bid.
- Assist in determining who won the items.
Live Auction Team
The Live Auction Team helps acquire auction items as well as assists with the live auction at the event. The auction enables guests to support Depart Smart in a fun, engaging way. As a Live Auction Team Member, your role will be to:
- Assist in acquiring 3 high-value travel-themed live auction items by April 30.
- Pick up items.
- Assist with Live Auction - act as an auction spotter or as an auction recorder during the exciting live auction.
Dessert Dash and Dining Team
The Dessert Dash and Dining Team serves an important (or should we say sweet) role to a part of the gala which has become a favorite for many attendees. Tables bid for a dessert and the one with the highest bid gets the first choice of desserts. The Mystery Dining Event really adds a ‘bang’ to the event - guests pop helium-filled balloons with restaurant gift cards inside at random. As Dessert Dash and Dining Team Member, your role will be to:
- Help secure enough desserts and dining gift cards by April 30.
- Conduct follow-up calls to businesses and solicit area businesses for dessert and gift card donations.
- Fill out donation form for each dessert and submit to Team Leader.
- Pick-up desserts and gift cards.
- Assist in conducting the Dessert Dash live - 2 volunteers will help run desserts during the event.
Please check all options you are interested in!
We need a Team Leader for each of our teams. As Team Leader, you will help recruit and oversee a team. You will be a life-saving ambassador working closely with the Depart Smart Team to make this fundraiser fabulous.